Monday, March 27, 2006

I Worship Him

Idolatry of the heart,
leading to sin,
leading to misery,
leading to self-examination,
leading to confession,
leading to brokenness,
leading to mercy experienced,
leading to love overwhelming,
leading to a deeper reverence,
leading to worship.

My Abba Father (Daddy) in His great grace has been so faithful to me in the last 48 hours. He knew that my heart had turned and was serving man's approval and self-exaltation rather then Him alone. He allowed me to serve those idols, and serve them I did, right into the pit of failure and misery. Yesterday as my pedestal of man's approval crumbled into pieces around me, culminating in a painful, but much needed, rebuke from my precious husband, I saw a very close and revealing picture of my heart. I was astounded and ashamed at how easily sin had crept into my mind, motives, words, and even my actions. I wept like I haven't wept in months as the realization crept into my soul that my sin of seeking man's approval above glorifying my Father had in fact dishonored and hurt Him deeply. The stone cold word, IDOLATRY, blared through my spirit chilling me with it's severity and the knowledge that this is what I had done.

Taking my broken heart to my Abba was easy.
Why would He be there waiting for me as He always has? He was.
Why would His forgiveness wash over me with such finality? It did.
Why would He comfort me with His tender words of love? He did.
Why did He reach down and help me to get back up? I am standing.
He is GOD.
He is Holy.
He is Faithful.
He is Gracious and slow to anger.
He allowed me to realize anew my great need for Him, and I can do nothing but thank Him for sparing me the death I deserve - for calling me - for saving me - for enabling me to follow Him.
The only words I can find, and they leave much to be desired, are:

I worship Him.

No comments: