Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Inexpressible

A sister in Christ, suffering more physical agonies than I can imagine at the hands of disease...


Children and a father who suddenly find themselves without their wife and momma...


A baby growing, perfectly formed by God, but not for this world; his parents preparing to say goodbye...



This world is full of suffering, pain, and heartache.



I want to go home. I long for heaven. I want to see my Jesus!



I have not seen Him face to face yet.


I am here; called, commanded, and enabled to live for His glory on this earth, amidst all of this suffering, for at least this one more day.



And there is joy.
Joy abundant.
Joy real and alive.

Joy inexpressible.



This joy is so deep, rich, and true, that it cannot be put into words. I could write all day and not touch it.


This joy cannot be physically demonstrated fully. I could jump and shout forever and never be done.


This joy cannot be fully comprehended by the human mind, but by the heart made alive in Jesus, it is tasted, felt, acted upon and lasting!



How is this possible? The world does not know, but His followers do.

It comes from this sure confidence: I will see Jesus face to face in all of His glory.


He will call me home, or come for me,Himself, and either way, the suffering of this life will all pass away in the light of His amazing presence!



Thank you Jesus, that in the darkness of suffering there is joy inexpressible because of Jesus Christ!!!






"Though you have not seen Him (Jesus Christ), you love Him. Though you do not now see Him, you believe in Him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory." 1 Peter 1:8


*Picture taken by my brother, Jeff Haumersen, of a sunrise in Afghanistan.

No comments: