Saturday, October 24, 2009

Untouchable Hope

Death shocks.
Death takes.
Death finalizes.
Death destroys.
Death brings sorrow greater than my mind can comprehend.

My hope is Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is alive.

My hope is alive.

I was born into this hope through the abundant mercy of my Heavenly Father.

Death steals, but it can't steal this..... my living hope.... my Father's abundant mercy.
Death finalizes, but it won't be final for me. I will live with Him for eternity.

Because of this I rejoice. I bless the Father's name.
Death touches those I love. It touches me. I see it's ravaging affect.
My heart breaks, but I praise.
I worship.
I cling to this mercy....to this alive hope that all of this pain is for this one thing:

The praise, honor and glory of my Saviour!
Worthy is the Lamb...

He lives.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. To an inheritance, incorruptible, undefiled, and that cannot fade away, reserved in heaven for you. Who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation, ready to be revealed in the last time. Because of this you greatly rejoice, though you may be grieved for a little while, if necessary, by various trials. That the genuineness of your faith, which is much more precious than gold which perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

1 Peter 1:3-7

2 comments:

Dan Miller said...

Thanks Kelly, good post...

Anonymous said...

Eternal hope. So great. thanks.