Sunday, October 09, 2011

Top 10 From Last Week.

1) Quote from Staupitz, a friend of Martin Luther's who was urged to insist on Luther's recanting... his reply, "I have often tried, but I am not equal to him in ability and command of Scripture."
I desire and cry out for this kind of love and grasp of scripture's truth!

2) This 12 minute testimony of the Watters family's love for Victor, and of his love for Jesus...changed how I pray for my children.  The parent who cries out in faith, receives and rejoices in whatever it takes for God to grab our kid's hearts...even life-taking disease.  Watch it!

3) This week she sat down with my small group of middle school girls as their new discipler, but 7 years ago, she was the awkward, struggling 11 yr old, grappling with gospel truth.  I was the awkward, struggling leader with far to go in learning how to disciple her... God's grace covers all!  He granted us relationship then, now, and every season in between. It is joy to see God's grace unfolding in her life as she is now the leader who will cry out for her girl's hearts and then see God answer in powerful ways!

4) My first field trip as a Mom/chaperon.  God ordained drive time with Glendon and two of his classmates, Dominic and Lucas.  Because of Domnic's position in the car nearest to me, we had LOTS of conversation together.  God gave me several platforms to clearly share the gospel with him!

5) 15 women and Psalm 16. Saturday morning. Bible study. Accountability. Prayer and Worship!

6) Annual Leader's meeting where parents of current youth students come together with the leaders to discuss youth ministry!  I was challenged afresh with the call to reach my girls with the Word, Prayer and Love!

7) An unplanned visit with my friend, Carol during the library story time, leading to an impromptu discussion about our prayer lives - where God is drawing us into deeper communion with him. This conversation was 15 minutes of edification on steroids!!!

8) Deliverance and Victory as only God can give...worked out in the life of our Glendon.  Our son initiated, with tears of struggle in his eyes, a decision completely of his own volition, to forgo the privilege of taking a certain toy to school (something his teacher had given him permission for) because "God was telling him that having this toy there would distract him from his work and loving other people."  I have been praying Ps51:6 daily for G..."You delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart."   God alone could work this evidence of grace in Glendon's heart...and in so doing, continues to deliver me from my sinful tendency to seek control over my son's behaviour and environment. I do not know what God will do with Glendon, but this one thing I know from the bottom of my heart.  He is mighty to save and deliver.  His power over sin is great!

9) Our family hike in the woods.  We took several pictures, but none quite captured the beauty of the sun, colorful leaves and delightful breezes.

10) Laughter.  The amount of sheer laughter Steve and I have shared this weekend over the most random of topics!  The joy of fun-ness together is such a gift and treasure!

No comments: