Sunday, October 23, 2011

Top Ten

1) Kaylene Grace is walking.  She's extremely cautious, most likely evidence of inheriting her momma's lack of natural athletic ability, hah, but she's tottering and waddling around our home and absolutely the cutest thing in the process.

2)Steve and I celebrated 9 Years of covenant love. 3 different houses called home. 4 babies treasured. 1 baby dearly missed. 2 career transitions. 6.5 years of middle school ministry. Countless falls deeper in love. Endless laughter.  A zillion failures. A zillion forgivenesses. So much more of His grace than we know to express...

3) My friend, Mary! The way she comes to my house to accommodate my little one.  The way she goes right for the heart in accountability, listening with the most sincere expressions of concern.  Her transparency and humility.  The way she remembers and follows up what has been shared. The way she gets and shares my excitement for the gospel applied to every situation.  I am so thankful for this friend and sister in Christ!

4) Watching Glendon participate in soccer camp.  There is nothing more entertaining and fun than a bunch of 1st graders playing the game with an energy and intensity  that abundantly makes up for any lack in skill.

5) Answering the phone to hear the voice of my dear sweet Grandfather who is battling through progressive stages of congestive heart failure.  His voice was labored because catching his breath is hard, but the encouragement and exhortation he shared was priceless.  It was a conversation that promoted only the praise of the Lord! Death has truly lost it's sting through Christ!

6) A series of pictures and texts that streamed in from my ultra sophisticated brother who was away on business in New York City! Tim spread the love of Christ to a man who tried to steal his subway card by freely giving it to him in Jesus' name! 

7) Psalm 22 - taught and discussed at RBC this morning. Wallowing around in the psalm to which Jesus pointed the hearts and minds of those present at His cross.  Even in His deepest suffering, He was about the fulfilling and finished work of the gospel to be made real in needy hearts.  The Holy one was forsaken and afflicted in my place.  Now I stand in His righteousness!

8) My parents who lovingly watched our children for three days, allowing Steve and I to kidnap each other away to one of our favorite haunts yet.  The time away was such an undeserved time of joy and fun in being together...and we're still hearing the stories of what fun our kiddos had on their own special retreat!

9) My SG girl, Olivia who I call, "OOOoooooLIVia".  Kind, joy-filled and super cute is only the start with this girl!  She loves Jesus, but she wants to love Him more.  She wants to be so filled with His love, that loving others would just flow out of her surrendered heart.  She desires to testify to His work in her life. She wants to share the gospel in a real way with the people in her life. She gets teary when she talks about God's work in her life.  She puts others first.  I prayed that God would enable me to wisely build into Olivia.  I came away richly encouraged by her and praising God for her!

10) Cookies. In the mailbox. Homemade. Delicious - reminders of how we are blessed through a certain youth Pastor and his girl!

11)The lyrics to this song by Arron Shust
That you would leave Your throne
And make this world Your home
Forsaking majesty
Embracing mundane
And all of its shame

You walked our dusty streets
Healing a world in need
You looked into the eyes
Of sinners like me
Setting us free

What wondrous love is this
What wondrous love is this
That You would lay aside Your glory for my soul
What wondrous love is this
What wondrous love is this
That You would lay down Your life for my soul

Enduring agony
You bore the cross for me
Betrayed by those You love
You took all our blame
Bearing our pain

They nailed Your feet
They nailed Your hands
You are the God
Who understands
You know rejection
Loss and grief
You loved a world
That nailed You to a tree

No comments: