Saturday, December 03, 2005

You, Me and Snowflakes...

Whenever I see snowflakes falling to the ground - as they are right now, outside my window- I can't help but remember learning about them as a small child. It was my Mother who introduced me to the whole wonderful process through which water becomes frozen and falls to the ground, for you see, she was my teacher as well as my Mother. Although I don't recall the science of it all, I do remember the marvel of learning that no two snowflakes are alike - that each one is uniquely formed and crystalized. There are common threads woven throughout each snowflake's makeup, and yet each one is special and beautiful.
I remember my Mom pointing out the fact that the same truths apply to God's creation of each individual person. It is as wonderful now, as it was then, to realize that I am unique - unlike any other person. That God made me especially to fulfill a calling that only I can fill. I think of all the amazing people right in my own little circle of friends, all so different and yet each so special, and I realize that the beauty of God's creation reaches in like manner across the whole world. How Wonderful!!! So now, as we watch snowflakes falling past our windows, hitting our windshields, or landing on our noses, may we be reminded of the beauty in each human life and praise God for it!!!

No comments: