Sunday, January 08, 2006

Friends,
You may have noticed a previous post - which I have now deleted - that shared the exciting news that our friends, Jeff and Crystal Rohde, were expecting their first baby.
Sadly, they have learned that the baby is not alive and that Crystal is quickly moving towards a miscarriage. We ask that you keep them in your prayers as they say goodbye to this little baby.
Having lost our first, little Leeanne, we know every crack and crevice of the mountain they are now facing, and it's a hard one to climb. I say in a humble/factual way that it is truly something you cannot understand unless you have gone through it yourself.
The wonderful news is that their faith is strong!!! I have had two very precious conversations with Crystal since she received the news, precious because we just wept together on the phone and talked through her pain, and yet there is great peace and hope in their hearts because they know the Lord. They know that He has a plan - that He is strengthening their marriage and their testimony through this loss. They know that He is giving them a greater reason to look forward to heaven one day!!!
It has been amazing to me as I have spent much of this weekend reliving the emotions I went through 2 years ago and have seen God's amazing healing and work. I have such joy now - knowing that I have a little daughter in heaven waiting to meet me someday. I am humbled that God would use my experience to equip me to relate to others.
Anyway, please pray for the days and weeks ahead of Jeff and Crystal.
First of all, praise God for this little life that they carried even for so short a time.
Pray that this process would come about quickly and naturally physically for Crys.
Pray that they would feel closure and healing afterwards.
Pray for Steve and I as we seek to be there for them - that God would show us how best to do that.
Thank You!!!

1 comment:

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Absolutely, we will keep them in our prayers. It is wonderful that God has placed you in her life with your wisdom and comfort on such matters.