Monday, January 23, 2006

Signing back in...

Hey, we've returned from the cold, wintery, snow covered woods of Fort Wilderness. Words can't express how well the trip went.
The speaker was challenging and great. Several kids got up this morning (some twice) to say what God had taught them. It was awesome!!!
Steve and I were both able to individually connect with our kids on a deeper level, and we saw some hard kids let their walls down, some quiet kids open up for the first time. It was great!!!

Highlights:
My girls got to see a whole new side of Kelly....it's kind of on the down low, but does have to do with dancing in men's long john pants.....
My Team made it through the Broomball tournament to the "Super Bowl", and even though we did lose that final game, it was great to go that far!!! =)
Steve and I both enjoyed cross country skiing for the first time....the trails meander through the snow covered woods, and really couldn't give a more beautiful touch of God's creation. I couldn't help but praise Him with nothing around me but Him!!!

God gave us strength and joy to be leaders this weekend!!! All of this a huge answer to prayer...thanks to those of you who joined in. We are still cold, extremely tired and dying for bed, so pictures from the weekend will follow later.
Most of all, we were so thankful to be reunited with our little son after these three nights. He looked good, but was happy to see us too. I treasured rocking him to sleep tonight!!! He's such a blessing and so cute too!!!

Other news is that we have my Aunt Carolyn (She's only 7 years older then I) with her husband and two boys coming in tomorrow for three nights. As our computer is in their guest room, I may not get much time to type...
After Friday comes and goes, I want to get back in touch with each of you!
~K

5 comments:

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Glad it was a wonderful weekend for you all! Enjoy time with family and we'll talk to you soon.
K

Anonymous said...

Ok...so what is this business about dancing around in men's long underwear?! I guess I've never seen your crazy side...glad the weekend went really well. I miss Fort! -n

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your encouraging words to Keith and Karri. I'm so thankful that the Lord has brought someone like you into their lives. God bless you!

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

Well thank you anonymous, most likely Nana or Aunt Rosie. Kelly and Steve have been wonderful gifts to us. They are also watching our munchkins in March so we can attend an all-day Gary Chapman conference on marriage. We love them very much - family away from home for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Ha!!! That sounds like a lot of fun! Glad it went well, and good for GP for doing so well!!
Raquel :)