Thursday, January 19, 2006

With One Headlight....


The true characters of this story will remain anonymous. All names have been changed.

Once upon a time - about eight weeks ago - one of the headlights on our old truck went out. I thought we should replace it - he said we should hold out (our new truck has been ordered). I understood he didn't want to put more $ into something we're getting rid of, and well, I'm submissive (laughter here), so on we drove with one headlight.

One chilly and windy evening - Wednesday evening - a certain truck was pulled over by a very thorough officer. Luckily I was in the back seat. It's easier to disguise laughter there. HE was only given a written warning, though I'm not sure that was as bad as having to admit defeat to his submissive wife (more laughter)! The conclusion to this story? Has the headlight been replaced you may ask......hmmmm. The lyrics to a certain Wallflower's song come to mind:

Hey, come on try a little
Nothing is forever
There's got to be something better than
spending money
But me & Kellerella
We put it all together
We can drive it home
With one headlight

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One question...did these certain people know the police officer that pulled them over? If so, that would be to the benefit of those with the faulty headlight... warning instead of ticket plus a fine (which would be more $$$ that isn't growing on trees). Funny story bout these certain people whose ID's will remain a mystery. -n

Living Stone said...

yeah - tell me about it...Speaking of mystery - you have it with your little -n thing going on. No matter, the blog author knows who and what you are.

Jack-on-the-Lake said...

That is too funny! I DREAM of "I told you so" moments like that, and they never happen to me.
K